www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brands Hatch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Brands Hatch Reply with quote

Great start to the season!

We were certainly lucky with the weather. Testing on Friday was only briefly interrupted by hail and Saturday and Sunday were as good as it gets for March. Of course temperatures were still a bit low and that was reflected in the overall lap times for the weekend.

Race one - not having competed in Thunderbikes last year I was gridded down in 15th. Made it all the way to 7th after 2 laps so clearly I managed to get my race head on from the go. I wasn't too pleased with practice on Friday because we had been mixed with a slower class (Yamaha past masters) but with hindsight it was probably a good thing because it gave me lots of overtaking practice. After about 3 laps the Laverda 750 came past me, it packs a massive punch and I couldn't live with it down the straights. I clawed time back in the corners but then the bike started handling badly and got worse and worse. In the end I had to back off and finished 9th. The problem was diagnosed quickly in the paddock. the rear tyre had 7.5psi and part of someone elses bike in it Evil or Very Mad Chuffster was as helpful as ever and in no time we had a new tyre fitted. Best time of 54.3. Not too shoddy first time out in the cold.

Race two - Gridded 9th but got a poor start and lost several places. the leading group got away as I recovered my places so I never managed to tag on to them. However, I did have lots of fun with the overtaking. Managed to get passed my mate Brandon going in to Graham Hill Bend and we both sandwiched a back marker as we came out of the corner....poor fella Shocked Finished 9th and a 54.0.

Race 3 - I was determined to get the start right and stay with the leaders and I did it Very Happy I spent most of the race just behind Sarah Jordan and even managed to not let Dave Lodge disappear. It was a massive confidence boost to know I could run with the leaders. Still finished 9th but a long way clear of the rest. Best lap of 53.0.....my best ever Cheer!!! and pretty damn quick by any standard.

Race 4 - completely hashed the start and it looks like I have clutch problems that will need resolving before the next round. Every cloud has a silver lining because once again the overtaking was great fun, perhaps a bit harsh on one move against Brandon, but he was cool about it. Finished 10th.

Overall a great weekend for me. Nearly a second off my best lap time, running close to the leaders lap times, and still don't have my big bore tuned motor. It won't be ready for Lydden (not really that important on that little track) but it will be in for Snetterton Laughing

David.

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: