www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10th April 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: 10th April 2007 Reply with quote

Hoooooorah - the SV is ready for collection at long long last. Next problem is actually collecting it. Working all this week, including up the country on Saturday, so I will not be able to collect it. I hear that it is making just under 72 hp now, so thats 2 up on last year, mainly thanks to as new exhaust system, replacing last years crushed effort. So am going to send my partner in crime round on Saturday to collect it, then, its time to book track time, bring it on.

Other than that, the Bandit has been in and now has new fork seals and head bearings. The valve clearances have been reset, new oil and filters etc. What a difference to the suspension, its rock hard now! Will urgently have to invest in chain and sprockets though, this set have seen much better days to say the least.

On the riding front of things, been doing the usual commute in and out of London, still having fun teaching sportsbikes and couriers how to ride round town. The fair weather bikers have come out in force now, must be school holidays and the weather. You can spot them a mile off at the moment, getting in the way and all that.

Justine has her Ninja back, its not comletely finished, but, only slight cosmetic stuff to do. She is glad that her loan SV is going back, so am I, less earache now from her unhappy self.

Saturday, myself and my son went along to Brands to watch the practice for BSB. We had a good time, it was nice and quiet, so we managed to walk about unhindered by people and take photographs from various points around the circuit.

On Sunday, we did an impromptu rideout with a couple. What was supposed to be a brunch meet turned into a bit of a hoon round some nice twisty roads through Kent down to Rye where refreshment was taken aboard before continuing along to Hastings and then hooning up the A21. From the A21 we took the A25 and stopped off at a pub near Godstone before going our seperate ways. Justine has seen what her bike is capable of 2 up now, all I have to do is get her doing similar and only one up.

The weather for the week ahead looks great, with temperature set to hit the low 70's by the end of the week. That means lovely sticky rubber for those racing Snetterton next weekend, people should be breaking their PB's on that circuit. Will be interesting to see how Smokin gets on on his new big bore, more Horse Power and Slipper Clutched up SV. I am aiming to be there Sunday to watch and cheer, thats subject to not being stuck in the office on Sunday.

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: