www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well Done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Wine Racing
Spam Monkey
Spam Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Well Done Reply with quote

Well done Dave glad you kept it shinny side up
Good times and good places to

DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate. It all felt good and another step up from last year.

Will we see you at a round soon? It would be great to share a glass of the good stuff Very Happy

David.

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good to see the haddock flying. Some harshish overtaking moves as well, hadn't really witnessed that before. Was good to see Dave looking like he meant real business.

Shame Wal was not out there as well, but hopefully I shall get to the next round at Lydden, where I am assured, Wal will be out on track.

Apart from Thunderbikes, we really should also congratulate our Mini Twinners. Dyna Pro is obviously very different to Clubman as Baz and Jon found out. They both did really well though, and should be proud of their achievements so far. Looking forward to seeing how they progress during the season ahead. The battle up front was totally awesome, have to say a huge congratulations to Tony Rand for his double win on Sunday as well as fastest laps in both races on Saturday. He must be leading the championship.

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Red Wine Racing
Spam Monkey
Spam Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to be at the odd round or three
but when the weather inmproves as i am enjoying the mud plugging in the wet to much at the moment.

Jon
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Dave, was really good watching you out there!

I had a bit of a nightmare weekend, qualified 10th which I was pleased with as my goal was top 10 over the weekend.

Was a bit annoyed with my starts as we changed the clutch cable and I struggled to get a decent start (used to get off the line pretty well being 1stone lol - bar the jump start end of season Laughing )

Kept going wide in places and struggling to hold a line then Mike Edwards came up to me after the last race on Sunday and played around with the bike then informing me the reason for the odd bike behaviour was the steering damper... it was set on 18 clicks Shocked Embarassed and is pretty much shagged.

Really had enough of it all to be honest, it's one thing after another with my bike and now I've had a shit start to the season. Bikes got the lowest power out of all the dyna-pro bikes bar one, just can't afford to put any more cash into it so pulling out of Lydden and rethinking everything Sad May just get it sorted and enter some races at my fav tracks like Snett, Brands and Mallory. Not sure...

All this time I've been moaning about the subframe being too high etc. and it was the steering damper... such a simple thing yet months of changing everything on the bike except the damper to get it right Laughing Doh!! lol
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, sorry to hear of the woe with the bike. My suggestion, just take the damper off. I didn't run one, not many seem to. You don't need it.

As for power, its not what you have got, its what you can do with it. I was underpowered last year, I still kept up with most, putting the bike in consistant top ten's. Now I know the goal posts have moved somewhat this year, if I were out there, I would be aiming top fifteens to start and then breaking top ten's by the season end. Thats what I amied at last year, beat my goal very easily.

So don't go giving it all up just yet, you can ride well, you just perhaps are still lacking some confidence. Perhaps do a non event track day like I did last year, it may help your head.

I was all over the place after 4 rounds last year, I did a track day at Silverstone on the GP circuit, I had such a great time, no competition with other SV's, just R1's, Gixxer thous, Fireblades etc. I came back grinning worse than a cheshire cat and I changed from that point on, as you may well have noticed. Its all in your head, you can do it and I am hoping to witness that fact. Also take in consideration Baz, I thought he was untouchable last year, well for me he was anyway. Look at his start to the season, bet thats not what he was expecting either. So get your chin up and go have a go. Perhaps do a thunderbike round as a fun event, another thing I did last year when lacking confidence.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

Chin-up young man. This racing lark is all about ups and downs. You'll sort the bike, one way or another. Like Chuffster says, bin the damper if its giving you problems. Tony Rand did a 51.8 this weekend without one....even I did a 53.0! Nuff said. Most important thing is that you have the basic speed as proven many times. I wouldn't worry too much about power. Mine is definitely quick but then I probably weigh 4 stone at least more than you so total package will be the same/similar.

Dyna-Pro in only your second season is always going to be tough. Don't forget its an MRO event! Top ten at MRO is seriously quick.

You'd be welcome in Thunderbikes. Grid was still a bit thin at Brands and I for one will still be on a standard SV at Lydden so you will be in good company. Big motor will be in for Snetts Very Happy And big motors don't count for much at Lydden......but you absolutely have to stay behind me Wink

David

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Jon
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I see what you mean! I'm just pissed things keep going wrong with my bike lol So much so I didn't 'enjoy' racing this weekend but now the handling problem is solved maybe I'll start having fun again as the bike shouldn't be all over the place!

I agree about the power, especially as I'm only 8 stone lol that should help!!! The reason I was so mad about that is it seemed to be one new problem after another and my finances just can't cover it.

Going to give Lydden a miss and enter Snetterton, just going to relax a bit and stop letting it get to me as racing is about having fun... oh and winning lol

This'll make you laugh, looking over the bike last night and the caliper seals have gone Laughing ahhhhhhhhhhh haha!!
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, I think you are just putting too much stress on yourself. Part of this is to go out and enjoy it, something I was sadly lacking at the start of last season. Thats because I had talked myself up so much that the pressure was on for me to perform. Things went rather awry at the start to say the least and that basically made it worse for me, people thought I had been all talk and not a lot of action. After talking to Martin (red Wine Racing) and Dave Stewart, I changed attitude and became reasonably chilled. You may not think it, but compared to the early days I was. It had the desired effect, I romped home in the end, and surprised quite a few after my dodgy season opener.

Perhaps its different for me, I am old enough to be your dad and know that I am not going anywhere in this racing malarchy, I am just out there to have some fun. I put the pressure on myself last year because being first season, I wanted to win the rookies. Unfortunately I met Baz, but hey, I still did ok as did you. You have many seasons ahead of you, take your time and don't rush these things.

As for your caliper seals, they are a cheap item and should be relatively easy to change. Race bikes quite often require attention, hopefully its minor. You are only going through the same as everyone else.

DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just the dust seals? They aren't expensive. Rob Wittey also does a complete refresh service that isn't too expensive. Reminds me to look at mine this weekend along with what might be a knackered clutch.

David

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: