www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walker the Stalker has been testing at Velencia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Racing News & Views
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Walker the Stalker has been testing at Velencia Reply with quote

New Rizla Suzuki rider Chris Walker concluded two days of testing at Valencia, Spain, by setting 'lap record pace' with the new GSX-R1000 K7.

The 2006 WSBK race winner rode a 2006 spec Suzuki at the Mallory Park Race of the Year and for the first morning of the Valencia test to get up to speed before trying the new K7. Walker then took just 15 laps to comfortably better his lap times, despite the new bike featuring numerous standard production parts.

"I started out on the 2006 bike so I could compare with the new GSX-R," confirmed The Stalker. "On the K7 the engine is in development specification and there were road bike parts being used but even then it was a noticeable improvement over the old race bike.

"The new bike was easier to ride, accurate and took less effort to hold its line and do what I wanted it to do. It's really encouraging as my lap times were good and there still remains a lot of untapped potential. It's a fast user-friendly bike and the team will now be working to make it even quicker. I'm smiling!"

Cal Crutchlow spent the entire test on a 2006 Suzuki and lapped one-second behind his team-mate. The reigning British Supersport champion will ride the new bike at the team's next test, scheduled for late January 2007.

"It's been a good test and I've learnt a lot about what you can adjust and change on a Superbike - there is a lot more than I have ever had to think about before," said Cal. " PJ, my chief mechanic, has also learnt a lot so from that point of view it's been a great test.

"Personally I am a little disappointed to have been beaten by my team-mate but we all know the 2007 bike is at least a half second or more better than the 2006 GSX-R, so I'm okay with it. I can't wait to get my hands on the new bike so I can test it. January can't come quick enough."

"It's already clear the new GSX-R1000K7 is a better race bike than the 2006 version and that gives us all encouragement although we will not be relaxing at all," stated team manager Simon Buckmaster. "Instead we will be working hard over the coming months to build and improve the package we currently have in time for our next test.

"Chris was on lap record pace and while Cal was a little bit behind him he learnt about what can be changed on a Superbike and will be a lot stronger because of it. It's back to England to start the hard developmental work now before starting a comprehensive foreign test schedule early in 2007."

shamelessly ripped from elsewhere.

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Racing News & Views All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: