www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brands GP Race Format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Mini Twins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Brands GP Race Format Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmmm, not liking the looks of this.

We are scheduled to go out with Dyna Pros for one of our two races. Split into two groups by the looks of it. So I am going to make a presumption here and say that it will probably done on championship positions. Bit like last year when all the odd numbers go in one race (thats championship position odd numbers) and all evens in the other. Then we all meet up in the second race and will presumably be gridded as per our qualification times for that race.

Personally, if that is the case, I think its a disgrace. Its the last round for us and things are quite tight amongst many of the riders. Surely it would be better to have the two seperately?

There are obviously reasons behind the club doing this though. Is it because there are not enough Dyna Pros left to fill the grid? Is it because the club want us to run through the format they are proposing for next year? Perhaps something else.

Answers on a postcard please.....

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jon
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Dyna Pro class gets two races, both scoring points, so it's business as usual.

The Clubman riders also get two races but the majority of the Clubman riders who have scored points are in the A race and will score points as normal.

The remainder will be in the B race and will not be eligible to score points. All Clubman riders will be in the final race and will score points as normal.

The Rookie championship will be based on the total race time across the A & B races. Should one race be shortened it will be based on average speed. I suspect that the Rookies in the A race will be the faster ones so it shouldn't cause any problems. The final race will be business as usual for the Rookie championship.
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find that Jon?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jon
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Edwards
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. Don't think I would be too happy if I was in the B race then and unable to score points, especially as its the last round.

DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuffster,

I agree, business as usual for us lot but I'd be disappointed if relegated to B race with no chance of points scoring.

So are we qualifying or not? is the split between A & B determined by championship position or qualifying position?

David

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure we are qualifying mate. Lets try and stick it on the front 2 rows. And you know who we are out with, might put some bumpers on my bike! Mad

DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he definitely racing? I thought Pembrey was a one off?

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed it was a one off, thats fingers, toes and everything else that can be crossed. As I complained and noone else did, hes probably got it in for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Mini Twins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: