www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jon White

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Mini Twins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Jon White Reply with quote

See we now have Jon White joined up. Would like to ask how the arm is after that off at Cadwell. I didn't get to chat before you went, I didn't even know about the crash until the end of the day. Let us know how you are doing mate.

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jon
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ladies Mr. Green

Well it all went a bit wrong! The bike had a complete overhaul by sdc including suspension, bodywork etc. and I just didn't really get on with it. We think due to the rear being jacked up so much and battery being moved to the front etc. there just wasn't enough weight on the rear with me on it causing the back end to come up on braking. Eventually this made me slip approacing the mountain and I clipped the edge but the wrist was still caught between the throttle and brake lever. bike dragged me along by the wrist and it broke Rolling Eyes

Out for the rest of the season!

BUT!! we've worked out if I get out there for the last round at brands gp and get a few points in i could finish the rookie championship in 3rd Twisted Evil i've heard the top 3 get trophies just like the other championships so looks like i'm going to get out there to secure a 3rd even if i'm still broken lol
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, absolutely gutted for you, you have been going so well. You deserve to be in the top three with this years performances. I hope that you do get out there. Not sure what the break is like, I did mine last year in a road accident and landed up in a cast for 5 weeks. It still gives me grief now if I put too much pressure on it.

It wasn't till Friday night that I found out about the spill. Barry was explaining it all to me, Ian Gilder was concerned. Barry said that you had just had lots of work done on the bike as well. Hope thats not too bad. Perhaps you can do a couple of track days on it before the GP to get used to the bike again. Sounds like yours should be like mine now, no weight on the back. I have been warned that this is not a good thing on the SV!

So chin up mate, hope it heals and fast. Will be looking out for your return.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Jon Reply with quote

Hope that wrist heals quickly. As far as I'm concerned its the more the merrier out there!

As far your rear end...if you know what I mean.....I had trouble with the back lifting under braking and making the bike unstable. Steve Jordan pretty much sorted it for me. I'm no expert but it was to do with the pre-load. When the rear came up under braking it was lifting the back wheel up straight away rather than the shock extending and allowing the back wheel to remain in contact with terra firma. I'm able to break much harder now.....not that you'd notice Sad ....particularly in the wet when obviously you really do need the back to behave rather than slide round on you.

Clearly my own rear end has a little more ballast which I guess helps with stability if not acceleration Laughing

Hope this helps.

David

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Jon
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Smile

Got a temp cast on at the mo, seeing Brian Simpson Monday to speed everything up then the week after the NHS will put a full cast on. Mid August I'll take the thing off myself if the Docs don't, as Mike Edwards said 'you've got all winter to recover' lol

My plan is to do a Brands Indy trackday first and see how it goes.

Spoken to Steve Jordan already and he's going to sort the problem! Just ashame it ended like this. Knew I had a chance to stay with Barry as Snett testing we were both doing 1.18's but then the crash (got taken out) knocked all the confidence out of me, plus I hurt a little Laughing

I'll see you all at Brands, my local track so going to watch! make sure you guys kick some arse out there!!
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Jon. My local track too, so come down and watch us kick some ass. Will be good to see you there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Mini Twins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: