www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Black Hole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Mini Twins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Big Black Hole Reply with quote

Chuffster,

Haul your arse out of that hole. You got 5th at Lydden in only your second ever race meeting....bloody superb result!

Your hole isn't anywhere as deep as some others so start looking on the bright side.

Write down some realistic objectives (be very specific) for the next couple of rounds and surround yourself with some positive 'triggers'...stuff like your results sheet from Lydden, photos of you looking good in action, memories and photos of all those blokes paying homage to you in the paddock after your 5th. Put photos and stuff up all over the place that make you grin at what you are doing and have already achieved (you are now a racer not a track day hero...BIG difference...big achievement). Repetition repetition repetition.....the brain doesn't know the difference between real and perceived which is why positive self talk works......keep telling yourself you can do this often enough and the brain will default to that path of thinking. This isn't Yankee bullshit either...its medical fact (dendrite construction to be precise). Keep telling yourself how much you will enjoy racing in France!! Too many people were talking down the Mallory track....a sure way to fail....regardless of whether it actually is crap or not.

A top head doctor who advises top sportsmen talks about sport not being a game of perfect....shit will happen....so expect it and don't be surprised when it does.....the better you get the less shit you expect.

Look at Wal...3 offs this year, trapped under a burning bike.....not a thought in his head of not beating me in the next round! A bit of self-belief.

You MUST do some of this stuff to make your head work before France 'cos you can certainly ride a bike quickly!!.....but you AIN'T coming past me Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Call me on mobile if you want to talk Mental Attitude stuff....just be warned I'll be in Greece sunning myself Cool

C'mon....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!...I certainly believe in you and actually want to be banging fairings with you...thats why I do this.....loads of opportunity in France...couple of good results and you'll be up with me at front of the grid. France is going to be awesome for all of us...AGREED?????

DavidH

ps don't forget the Alka Seltzer....cheap booze, racers, and BBQ's......ouch!

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Mini Twins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: