www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACU Test Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: ACU Test Day Reply with quote

Ok, I have booked the ACU test day at Lydden for this weekend coming. Does anyone know the format of these. Is it like a track day where you are split into groups or is it a free for all?

Do you need your transponder on?

Anybody want to write up a quick circuit guide for me, I have never ridden there?

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The test days are more like a track day but without so much in the way of policing. You sign on first thing and get allocated into groups. On the minitwin you are likely be with other minis and 400s....although it has been known for some to end up with the 600s.

You don't need transponders on (but you will need it for the practice on Saturday and Sunday mornings of race day). There isn't any scrutineering.

The track is tiny and it won't take you long to learn. Quite entertaining, just don't look too closely at the barriers....they are close Surprised

First corner is hardly a corner, a little left flick, but is followed closely by a right hander that is quicker than it looks, then a big looping right hander that straightens at the end and is followed by a tight 90 degree left hander. Track then rises steeply to a hairpin that has dodgy tarmac and grip on the exit. Back down hil to a fast right hander and you are back on the small start finish straight. That's it.

The surface eats tyres. Make sure you have new rubber for race day.

I have the MCN circuit guide. If you are in work tomorrow I could fax it to you. Let me have your number.

Have fun!

DavidH

ps.....thanks for the blog...superb!
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply - do you fancy giving me a shout and then I can stand by the fax machine as its a common one and I don''t think work will appreciate race track info on it. I have to be in a different office in the morning but should hopefully be back at my usual base mid afternoon.

I thought you could have your own area, I don't mind sharing. Feel free to direct people to it.

As for tyres, I have brand new ones for Saturday already. I will have brand new ones for Snetterton as well. I picked up some part worns from Gray on Sunday, they will do for testing and I may be doing the odd trackday if I can fit it all in. Sounds like we may have a few visitors on the 25th - gulp.......

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring the circuit guide in tomorrow and give you a call in the afternoon.

Lots of visitors is a mixed blessing.

Its great to have folks around to help and support you. Less good is having to entertain people and even just talk to them when you are concentrating on racing. i tend to go in to my own little world before I go out on track and don't want folks other than Jacqui and fellow racers around.

Its impressive how the top racers cope with all the press and interviews on the grid. I guess you have to adapt.

DavidH

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a top racer (I deed teach my mate Val all about it) I should be fine.

Just kiddin, looking forward to getting out there in anger so to speak but dont really need all the attention on day one. I know lots of people want to share but I may have to kick them away for 15 mins before I go out so that I can phsyche myself into what I am going to do. Thumping tunes will no doubt be ensuing from the caravan.

Good luck with all you have to do Dave. I got pulled for the bungs on test day. I now have bungs in handlebars and footpegs, I am a good boy really.

DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need any spare bungs, most of mine are on the exit to Sears!

Thud!!!!

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell me, it was an effort at making the bike lighter so that you could go faster..........

DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I was too busy admiring Pink Susie's arse and lost concentration. Cool

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great view of her applying cream to her legs before sliding the pins into her leathers when we were at Cadwell last year. Awesome first thing in the morning......

Chief Wobbler
Crap Joke Merchant
Crap Joke Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Chuff you'll have the pleasure of seeing me wobble around for the day! Can't say I'll be applying cream to any exposed areas though Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: