www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New MotoGP Yamaha better than ever?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Racing News & Views
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: New MotoGP Yamaha better than ever? Reply with quote

World MotoGP champion Velentino Rossi has issued a bit of a chilling warning to potential rivals when he said 'My new bike feels even better than the old one'.

After testing the bike at Sepang yesterday Rossi said 'It's always difficult to start again after the holidays and I am never sure if I will be able to ride straight away. Today however, everything has felt good right from the start and I am already quite fast. The new Yamaha is a good bike, I like it and I can see that Yamaha has worked very hard over the winter. We had a few problems with it, some chattering, but in reality it is good for this stage of the year. The new bike is not so different but we have to understand completely its charecter and I have to get more confidence in it. Then we can begin to make the modifications needed in order to improve it.'

Team mate Colin Edwards made a rare mistake at turn nine when he crashed out but will not let that dampen his enthusiasm. He insisted 'despite the mishap, I feel like I want to go faster and faster, so I am looking forward to tomorrow. I felt happy on the bike and could notice all the improvements Yamaha have made. I am so accustomed to the 2005 bike at this track but it was clear today that the new one is better in many ways.'

Definately worrying for the rest. Rossis times were the best on the day by a fair margin and he still feels that the bike can be made better, thus making it even faster. Edwards best time was 50 secs behind Rossi's! So is the championship won already? Who possibly will rival the great man and possibly put him under pressure for the coming season?

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Racing News & Views All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: