www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-Season Testing/Training

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Mini Twins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Pre-Season Testing/Training Reply with quote

Any of you racers/fast track day riders up for trip to somewhere sunny in February for pre-season? Likely to be somewhere like Jerez/Cartagena/Almeria. 4 or 5 days on track with some race tuition. Get the season off to a flying start. Reckon on about a grand for the cost.

DavidH

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already been thinking about it. Was going to look at late feb - its my birthday at the end of dfeb and I get to that magic number that means middle age spread apparently. If you book anything or find anything let me know.

Are any of the others going, ie John or Wal?

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it's Wal and Tim Jones, with a couple of others expressing interest. Needs to be a group to keep cost down and to be able to afford Tim as an instructor.

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, just need some details.

On a side issue - have you sorted out tyres for next season yet? Was at the bike show yesterday and I have possibly got a contact for a bulk order at reduced cost. I have heard on the grapevine that tyre prices are going up considerably due to increased material costs and there could be a shortage of decent rubber next season. Any thoughts etc?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: tyres Reply with quote

What sort of prices were they talking? I've had a good service at reasonable price from Alan Russell this year so loathed to change, but if prices might be escalating??....

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not spoken to them yet, wanted to find out some interest first and then go to them with a rough idea of how many sets to see what they can do for us.

Personally I am thinking of 7 fronts 14 rears which should give me a bit of testing and perhaps a couple of track days or other club rounds.

DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did 54 races (well, not quite all of every one!), 9 test days and 2 track days on 6 rears and 5 fronts. I don't think you will need anything like 14 rears. Wal and Jon changed tyres with about the same frequency as myself. Use fresh rubber for racing and put the scrubs on for practice. Spin the rears. Some people only used scrubs all year. Some tracks chew tyres (Snetterton, Lydden) and some are really gentle (Brands GP).

Hope this helps.

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the info. I have done Brands twice on one rear and its completely shot! Looks like I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I shall get 5 front and 10 rear then, I appear to be far heavier on rears on track as opposed to the road where I am far heavier on fronts.

DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget 2 track days is equivalent to a test day and a whole race weekend in terms of track time. Might be worth having a look at suspension set up again 'cos only needs to be slightly out to shag tyres. Worth spending a tenner with Steve Jordan before you needlessly wreck tyres. have you spun the rear(?) 'cos quite safe to do so at Brands...there ain't many left handers Laughing

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Baloo
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just ordered a tailored White Power road / track shock for my gixxer thou. It is being fitted and set up by Steve Jordan.

I am not as fast as you guys, but looking forward to the results. Forks next, although the current springs appear to work
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there was me thinking you were going to get a track bike? Hope the developments go well, no doubt see you out and about next season.

Baloo
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the start of converting this one. I intend to do this slowly until I can get hold of a garage and then buy a second bike for the road.

I have spent too much money on extras already for the gixxer to sell it and so this seems to make sense.
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few mates with the Gixxer Thou so if you need any info or want to know about bling partys etc just let me know and I shall find out what i can for you.

Track bike, track bike - its the way forward and you know it. Maybe we can soon have you taking the rest of the BH forum on! You can learn a lot from Dave mate, hes been there, seen it and done it. I hopefully will get out on track with him next year so I can witness it first hand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Mini Twins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: