www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

21st Jan 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: 21st Jan 2006 Reply with quote

Well, it was the first track day outing of the year. Lots of racer boys practicing on Brtands Hatch Indy circuit. I was put in the intermediate group because I don't have an ACU licence yet plus the fact that the fast group was way over subscribed. There were even racers out in the novices.

First session was slightly damp so it was taken very easily. What with the damp and running the race gearing for the first time, it was definately time to be cautious. Survived the first session with no major dramas and got a feel for the bike again since last August.

Second session and I was going well, not 100% but much more confident than in the first session. Someone binned it entering Druids and the session was red flagged. In we came and waited, about 5 mins and off we went again. Few slow laps to bed the tyres and warm up and then on it again. Confidence was rising.

Third session was a complete blast, had a whale of a time out there. Was getting more used to my upside down gear change all the time.

We then stopped for lunch, no ambulances left at the track as they were out carting people to hospital Shocked

After lunch my group was first out but I was just too tense and didn't give a particularly good account of myself. Was beating myself up mentally to try and relax but it just wouldn't happen. Gear changing was all over the place but I survived.

Out again for session five, more relaxed, mental training was working. Had a complete blast on this session and came in very happy although very tired.

Went out for session six, it got stopped after a dozen laps and I called it a day. Due to lack of strength training in the arms I was suffering badly and there was no point going out for a restart.

So I had a complete blast, really enjoyed it, know I have to improve in the physical fitness side of things but know that I have not lost it (if I ever had it of course).

Many thanks to Martin for getting the bike ready and coming along to help. Duncan and Floss for coming along for support and providing some food. Shaz and Mike for turning up to watch and again support.

Was good to see Dave and Wal out there. There were a few other mini twins but I have no idea who was riding them, I believe they all survived without crashing unlike quite a few.

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: