www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snetterton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Snetterton Reply with quote

Smokin' fishy fella checking in and feeling a little battered. I have grown a 'special fin' a la fishy theme....only my special fin is in fact a flying collar bone (but it hasn't stopped Jacqui calling me Nemo )....or something like that....well it is definitely at a jaunty angle due to no longer being attached to shoulder quite as it should be.

It all started well, a sedate start in practice on friday but started to get quicker (than I've ever been round Snetts)...then...there was bit of confusion over someone pulling into pit lane and a couple of bikes tagged placing one in my path and before I could react I had side swipe it and we both ended up on the deck. Fortunately the following riders missed us. I was very concerned to see the other rider under his bike. Turns out it was James Morrison, a very talented rookie.

AS ever I was looked after by the Bemsee crew including a lovely young Lady who got me out of my leathers despite the errant collar bone. I shared an ambulance to hospital with James. He wasn't as bad as I feared but a broken wrist is bad enough. He is a fine fella and placed no blame on anyone despite the fact I'd hit him.

The hospital were fine although the lady on reception in x-ray wasn't as impressed with mine and James's arrival as apparently she had been when Shakey was wheeled in last year! Anyhow, i was sat in reception waiting for my lift home and guess what?.......in walks Spot Spinfire The fella has had his share of bad luck already this year.

Friday night was abit of a blur due to taking full advantage of a combination of 'Pims o'clock' and not having to race the next day. Obviously the Pims was quaffed in the interest of pain relief.

Not being able to race I decided to take a look inside the hub of Bemsee organisation and so spent several races in the control tower with Mr MacBride. It's a damned slick organisation . Thanks for Tony for his invite and encouraging words.

Saturday night was a super celebration of Martin Cooper's 40th and Chris Northovers 21st. Hope I can race as quick as Martin when I'm 40

I met James on Sunday afternoon. Good to see him up and about. We were outside race office having a chat when I hear my name over the commentary. Mr Ringrow was hanging out of his eerie giving an update on mine and James's condition and likely return dates. Another example of the professionalism of Bemsee. I've never spoken to Mr Ringrow but he clearly knows who both of us are.

The drive home was dead easy..once the flat battery had been jump started....'cos I was laid out in the back of the campervan. You'd have thought that was the end of bad luck for the weekend....but NO On the way back my crown fell off my tooth. We got home and Jacqui's car had been keyed. We then ordered a takeaway and the wrong order was delivered. Oh, and to cap it all, apparently my shoulder will always look a bit weird so I'm going to have to cancel the modelling contract with Calvin Klein ...........A weekend to forget.

On the positive side my neighbour is already fixing up my bike for me, the consultant says I should be able to ride at Cadwell, and tomorrow night my daughter is a Munchkin in the school production of Wizard of Oz and has just had a great school report

All the best
Smokin' Haddock and his Special Fin

www.thunderbikeuk.com
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on shoulder........didn't make it to Cadwell. Shoulder is healing but no strength and plenty of muscle wastage. Consultant says I'm doing well considering the nature of the injury and that I can now move into muscle building physio. The physio reckins that means I'm good to go for Snetterton in middle of September Laughing

My collar bone still sticks up but it will work so all is good!

David

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: