www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long time not writing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Long time not writing Reply with quote

OK, its a long time since anyone was updated as to what I am up to. Many of you know that instead of getting out their this season, thanks to work at the start of the season, I have been busy taking happy snaps. Thousands have been taken, including some of my good racing friends.

On the road, I am still on the bandit, now with even less pegs left. No major dramas with it, other than welding up the speedo worm screw on a high speed run Laughing

Justine's Ninja has had a few issues, the starter motor went, but I replaced that. The brakes turned into a nightmare, so I put on some lovely wavy discs and carbon lorraine pads, its now way better than it was. Only ridden it on my own a couple of times, probably best left that way as well Laughing

Now for the best bit, the SV has been out of the back of the van Shocked It went to Rockingham last weekend and actually circulated out on track. The track was the little National circuit right on the infield. I had never been there, didn't really know what to expect. Pleasantly surprised I was, think its 1.7 miles long, and its all corners, virtually nothing to call a straight. Most are rights, but there is like a three phase left hander that leads into a hauirpin before the couple of hundred yard start finish straight. Had a great time in the afternoon when I went out to play with the balistic boys. Having not ridden this thing since last September, I was a bit nervy to start with. Going back to race change after such a long abscence proved no issue, I didn't get one gear change wrong at all. The bike is certainly going ok, so well infact, that I have damaged the right fairing yet again. I didn't bother changing the gearing, I ran 14/45. It certainly wasn't right, but it did quite ok. Had a good laugh in the end, especially when I overtook John Reynolds (ok, he probably wasn't really trying). Great mix of souped up race bikes in the fast group, mainly the litre boys, but a good spattering of 600's as well. That little Sv still stuns people, had a few visitors trying to work out what it was, and a fair few compliments as well.

In the morning, I was going to bimble around and try and help a few people I knew there. It proved rather difficyult on such a windy track, especially when I didn't really know where I was going. In the end, having lost Justine, just too many people between us, I decide it was not safe to bimble, best go round and catch up. Up went the pace, circultaed around and caught back up. This brought out the black flag for me Shocked Not the first I have had, and probably not the last either. On discussions, I was running exceptionally fast and I needed to move up a group. A group? No, stick me in the fast lot I said, so thats what happened and I had a complete hoot. Now all I need to do, is get back on the race scene and go kick some butt. Anyone want a ragging session?

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: