www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snetterhole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Snetterhole Reply with quote

So what happened then?

I read that someone had a coming together with Baz? But Baz got some great results in the Dyna Pros. Apparently quite a few offs in the clubman mini twins as well. F1 sliders did their stuff withe Reeves and Graham showing everyone how to do it. I am sure Wal is missing from one of the race results as well - so what happened?

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jon
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baz crashed in one race but was quite minor, the coming together in the last race was just a racing incident 50:50.

One of the sidecars left a nice line of oil round most of the track Rolling Eyes

I didn't really enjoy myself out there, off pace quite a bit (3 seconds), couldn't even get near my pb from last year Confused Think I need to do some trackdays to get my mind back into things and miss a couple of rounds.
wal_aka_kev
Spam Apprentice
Spam Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to blow up the RG again so its back to Bob Farnham for the beast. It was running really well (in true 2-stroke fashon) jus before it blew on Revett Straight.

I think I have to accept that the RG is a wonderful bike to race but you wouldn't want to rely on it so I have bought Glenns SV as a backup. I don't want to be missing Haddock bashing chances now do I !!!

So the plan is to ride the RG (or its sister) but when I can't then ride the SV.

Cheers
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooooops Kev. If only that bike was reliable eh. I wish you more luck in getting it fixed yet again. Is there a particular reason for it breking down? Are you blipping the throttle when you change gear?

As for Baz, didn't know he had an off? Glad it was minor and he is ok.

Jon, sounds like you are going through what I went through last year. So here is a word of advice, take it or leave it. Do not pull out of rounds. Go and do a track day at a circuit that you are not going to race at, that takes any kind of pressure off you. Go on a track day without taking mates along, again that keeps the pressure off you. Go and have a laugh and then go back to racing. Worked for me. You could always enter thunderbikes. Not taking anything away from those guys, its competative, but more gentlemanly than mini twins. Having seen and heard the stories of the season so far, I am glad I have not been out to play. Perhaps we should all enter a round of thunderbikes and go haddock battering Laughing

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemanly? Skillful and clean I think you mean Laughing You've witnessed some of my overtakes this year. Twisted Evil

As for haddock battering.....you are going to need a better beast than one of those little 650's. I now have my worked on 700 with slipper clutch. It has also had some gearbox work to get rid of sloppy changes and false neutrals. In addition it has a new link pipe (old one was squashed...wonder how that happened Shocked ) and M4 end can. Sounds quite different to the old bike. Mr Wittey tells me it takes a bit of time to get the best/more out of them so not expecting great things at Cadwell but still looking forward to getting back out there.

Jon - hope all works out and you get back on it.

Sounds like Barry had a few adventures at Snetts, and received some incorrect and needless comments on Motoforum. I got straight in there and defended him as did some others.

David

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Red Wine Racing
Spam Monkey
Spam Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wal_aka_kev wrote:
I managed to blow up the RG again so its back to Bob Farnham for the beast. It was running really well (in true 2-stroke fashon) jus before it blew on Revett Straight.

I think I have to accept that the RG is a wonderful bike to race but you wouldn't want to rely on it so I have bought Glenns SV as a backup. I don't want to be missing Haddock bashing chances now do I !!!

So the plan is to ride the RG (or its sister) but when I can't then ride the SV.

Cheers

And i thought racing a supermono was exspensive (2 engines in one season)
but 2 engines in 2 races

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: