www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tested bikes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Tested bikes Reply with quote

Chuffster,

Got to agree with your view of the ER6. My Dad has the faired version and I was suitably impressed. A good power spread and nimble handling. I took it out on some open roads and thought it was lots of fun. Its 'budget' nature starts to show up on high speed corners as its a bit soft, but that aside its a recommended purchase as a commuter bike.

Aprilia Tuono - my brother-in-law has one and loves it. I've never ridden one but it strikes me as a 'sensible' bike, as in it covers all the bases rather than its boring. Stonking motor, sports heritage, upright and comfortable, great looks. Methinks me and you would be upsetting a few sportsbike riders on one of these, road or track Laughing

David

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuono and sensible perhaps should not be used in the same sentence Laughing

I could be a bigger hoodlum than ever on one. I would say though, that it seemed pretty easy to ride at sensible speeds and was really nice to know that you had warp factor available. I really, really, really struggle with sports rockets, I just don't seem to be able to ride them at lets say legalish speeds.

Tuono racing, when is that going to become a series? We have the KTM Superduke backed onto BSB this season. I may have to test ride one of those, you never know what will happen in racing next year.....

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Tuono racing already exists on the continent. Last time I was at the TT there was an Italian racing one! He was putting in some impressive times for an upright unfaired bike Shocked

David

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame they are not right for Thunderbikes, I could see myself having fun and kicking some butt on one of them. Wonder how they go and handle with lots of extra weight...........thinking.........

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think they qualify. Aren't they liquid cooled?

Yes they are!

http://www.speed-sports.com/motorcycles/aprilia_models/Tuono_Racing.html

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to look into all these rules on Thunderbikes. There must be the ideal bike out there to race in the class, just got to find it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: