www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd March 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: 2nd March 2007 Reply with quote

Well yesterday, I got a touch over excited and got up at the crack of dawn (well before to be honest) and changed the blandits brake pads, metal on metal was not feeling too good the night before. First side off, pistons pushed back, new pads installed and caliper refitted. Now comes problem one, someone has obviously overtightened the caliper bolt before. Nowhere near torque setting and the bolt sheers off. Not good. So we go to the other side, off it comes. The pistons will hardly move back, but with a lot of cogoling, a few swears and curses, think we are there. Well only just, on replacement there is a slight bind. No time to worry just now, work calls.

Then I get a call from Justine early evening, just been knocked off the Ninja. A UPS van had taken her out just a few hundred yards from work. I escaped my work and ran off to the rescue. She was being interviewed by a policeman at the time. I checked the bike, not exactly pretty. Front fairing is completely smashed, looks like it slid into the kerb. This in turn has bent all the fairing brackets. The left panel is all scraped up, as is the generator cover. Slight scuffing to the rear tail piece and grab handle. The gear change pedal has sheered off and the front indicator, well whats left of it, is hanging forlornly on its wires. The obligatory scoffs to bar end and lever.

Justine is rather shaken by the whole thing, has a few bruises, but, fortunately was wearing the right kit and has escaped any major injury. I have located the bike at her work for now, and will collect at the weekend.

The police have already been in touch, it was all on CCTV. £96 if you want a copy..... Apparently it clearly shows that the van driver that cuased the accident is at fault, footage of him just pulling straight out of a side turning onto a main road. Plenty of witnesses as well. Lets hope the police do him for driving without due care and attention, apparently there is a case for it.

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: