www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 16th 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: October 16th 2006 Reply with quote

Yesterday was spent at Brands Hatch watching a few friends riding in the New Era club races. The weather couldn't really have been better at this time of year for it either. Slightly damp conditions in the morning, added to the slipperyness caused by a car event on the Saturday saw most of the qualifying sessions not producing quick times.

Racing proper was very good, it was nice to see other classes running. The KTM's were just mad, watching 24 of those piling round paddock hill bend was an awesome sight, damn loud as well. In their second race someone went off at Druids, I believe this poor unfortunate broke his arm, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Michael Thompson from the forza class of Bemsee was there, didn't get a good start in race one having qualified on 2nd position. He was 10th at the first corner but managed to pick his way through to 5th. In the second race he was down in 11th, another bad start. Got up to 7th on the third lap but the race was stopped due to a nasty looking accident at paddock hill. On the restart, he actually managed to get off the line for once and came home second.

Best racing of the day for me had to be the classic racing. Watching 500CC Nortons and Velocettes as well as Matchless bikes to name but some tear round the track was a real treat. The winner of the race was a very sociable chap and I had a great chat to him out in the paddock. I have no idea what the machinery being ridden was worth but it appeared no holds barred and a right scrap. Not one accident during both of their races either, great stuff.

I had an ex colleague racing in the sound of thunder class, two great races that were fought hard all the way to the end. A variety of machinery on display, all scrapping it out. There was even a super mono running, Tigcraft chasis and a 450 single lump in it. Ridden by someone who was 6 stone wet through by the looks of it! A tiny machine but it went really well.

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Chuffsters Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: