www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Biggus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Biggus Reply with quote

How was your weekend then? Give me a run down. Was it worth it etc?

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
Private Hairy Arse
Private Hairy Arse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday was awesome Very Happy Cool

5.15 am met up with tinks at Clacket lane, then on to Jct m20 to meet Slappy & Jimbo.

Checked my phone, missed call from Slappy & Voicemail - the trusty Bandit 12 had a flat battery Shocked quick call later found out it was started so arranged that we would head off down the M20 at 60 odd so they could catch up without too much trouble, which they eventually did around Ashford.

Filled up in Dover & i had to push start the bandit for pete - not nice at 6am in full kit Laughing

Onto the ferry, bikes tied down & met up with littlenose, Jo, lost again & Colby in the bar. Much coffee consumed!!!

Arrived in france, ramps down & the Bandit was sulking still - just clicking the solenoid. So Slappy pushed the bike off & bumped it on the ramp while i took Jen on the back of mine. Headed out of Calais to the agreed rendezvous and then we were on our way.

A few minor detours meant we were about an hour late by lunchtime, however we carried on the agreed route.

Stopped at 2.30 for a bite (dont think i'll have "le stavros" from a french kebab shop again in a hurry!!)

Roads were fantastic - in fact i rate it over the IOM for riding - cars are considerate - they are doing 90 odd and still move over for the bikes - totally courteous, my opinion of the French has increased somewhat!!

Road surface was generally amazing - bit of mud and the odd smashed water melon here and there, but you get that anywhere. The lack of hedges in a lot of places and increased visibility make 15 car overtakes possible on double bends - nice Very Happy

On the final leg to Calais we were running seriously behind - 85km in half an hour to make the ferry - quite glad they didn't clock our toll tickets... At one point i was banging off the limiter in top for 5 mins until i got a headache!

Well worth it, but wish we had more time to have a mooch round a few of the places. Can't believe the reception we got either - people in villages waving, kids twisting their wrists to get us to rev up, which of course we obliged. Bikers all waved - advantage of driving on the right is you can stay on pace & wave with your left arm.

Led Tinks back to Clacket Lane and got home about 10pm

Top day out Very Happy

Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you had an awesome time, shame I could not make it but we were a tad busy. At least the Hornet went, it even started first hit having been stood for a month! Looked good by the time it had a quick clean up as well.

Cleaned mine yesterday, miles better but not bril. Maybe give it a bit better one next weekend.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
Private Hairy Arse
Private Hairy Arse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a vid of Saturday here - apologies for the music Embarassed No riding in it sadly, time was marching on, although if i was to do the trip again i would definitely film people riding some of the roads Very Happy
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

France is tops for riding mate, have always enjoyed it over there. Just like you described, people on the streets wave at you. Car drivers get out the way etc. Last time I was over there we stopped in some village on the way back, there were 5 of us. We got a bite to eat, came round the corner to find lots of peeps around the bikes. Special attention was being paid to the 7, the french adore Kwakas. Not sure we shall get over there this year, its starting to chill off and as for getting up at that time of day, my press officer doesn't do that! Perhaps may make a 2 dayer. Leave later and stay somewhere overnight before more hooning and return run. Will see what is said.

Subject to racing next year we shall be taking in the ring. Will post up when I know whats going on. Ring opening dates don't get published till end Jan at the earliest.

Chief Wobbler
Crap Joke Merchant
Crap Joke Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frogs are so friendly towards bikes - even I did a 10 car overtake on the hornet at about 110mph - fast for me Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: