www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brands Hatch Indy 14.08.06

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggus
Private Hairy Arse
Private Hairy Arse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Brands Hatch Indy 14.08.06 Reply with quote

Booked the evening session on th 14th. anything to watch out for in particular bearing in mind I'll be on my truck Smile
Chuffster
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch where you are going........ Laughing

Duncan, you will love it. I shall give you a complete run down when I see you but here is an idea.

You will exit pit lane at the top of paddock hill bend. Drop down the hill. There is now a massive compression of suspension as you bottom out and go back up the hill towards Druids. The usual line for bigger bikes is towards the left hand side going in but you can get away with all sorts of different entry lines. (The SV seems best at about mid track) You slowly feed the power as you exit and run to the left side as you drop down towards Graham Hill Bend. this is quite a sharp left hander and the braking is while going downhill, so watch the load on the front. You really need to be getting towards the right hand side of the track for the turn in. Again, feed in the power as you apex and drive down cooper straight. Again, get to the right hand side of the track. You will notice a survace change as you approach the left hander called Surtees. That is the turn in point. Go through Surtees into the Right of McLarens. Ideally, you nearly need to be on the grass on the outside (left) of the track for the tern in through Clearways. The Apex of the corner is actually the end of the kerb on the inside. Drive out of Clearways into Clarke curve (basically all the same corner). The ideal line is about 6feet to 8feet from the right as you get to the pit wall, this is because of a depression in the surface of the track that can throw you off. Drive down Brabham Straight up to Paddock Hill bend. Brake in a straight line. The turn in point for racers is actually the access road to the circuit on the left. Suggest because of your bike that you are careful with this and turn a bit earlier, at least to start with.

Now bits to really watch. Paddock Hill Bend is adverse camber so watch for the right footpeg and perhaps exhaust going down. Clearways is highside city, so careful how you crack the power on. Try to avoid the dip in the track near the pit wall, you won't see it but you will feel it if you hit it.

Its better to regret something you did rather than something you didnt do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chief Wobbler
Crap Joke Merchant
Crap Joke Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try and be there to watch and cheer you on.

Chuff: I'll need to go home at some point to check for post so we could combine this with watching Biggus' antics at Brands Very Happy

biggus
Private Hairy Arse
Private Hairy Arse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, will try and take that all on board. Of course I'll be aiming for 53's.... 1 minute 53's that is Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: