www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd April

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: 3rd April Reply with quote

Just a quick update...

Spent about 3 hours on the bike yesterday...have no idea where the time went, but I changed the gearing (down to a 14 front sprocket and 46 rear) for the tight Lydden circuit, cleaned the front calipers (pistons and pins all a bit corroded so cleaned and greased, pads look a bit glazed but have a new pair of they don't feel too good), topped up the oil, fitted some new handlebar grips as the old ones were almost worn through, cleaned and greased the chain, and gave the whole bike a thorough clean. Also pretty much packed up the camper including the paddock flooring (Lydden is a bit rough!).

Looking forward to the weekend and was delighted to find out that the first grid is based on championship position so I'll be on the front row. Very important for the race as its a very short sprint. I'm not there for practice so didn't much fancy having to go straight into a qualifier.

Lydden is so much better than Snetterton in most respects. The facilities could be described as basic, but the spectator viewing is superb, the track is all action, the paddock is somehow much more communal and less spread out so the social life is better. All in all much better for racers and race crew alike. Plus we don't start racing on Sunday until 12.30 so much more scope for a party on Saturday night! Could even head off to a local hostelry if the weather isn't so good.

Sadly the Manager won't be with me this weekend (something about a wedding that I was also supposed to be at Rolling Eyes ) so I have trainee pit crew Neil with me. A few basic tasks for him, but mainly for him to have some fun and if necessary drive me home.... a bump on he head meant I couldn't do that last year!!!

Hope to see you all at Lydden.

DavidH

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: