www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thursday 23rd March

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Thursday 23rd March Reply with quote

Well the VW camper is packed and is sat outside the office with the bike on the trailer. As usual it is receiving its share of inquisitive glances parked amongst the company beemers and volvos.

Not much to do in terms of prep. The anti-freeze needs draining, but given the bike was outside last night and the few drips of water in the belly pan (from the weekends wash)actually froze I'm glad I've left it in. Clutch cover has only leaked a few drops of oil since the weekend which is normal so shouldn't be any need to have any running repairs...just put up with that lovely smell of oil on hot exhaust for a couple of minutes whilst it warms up.

My gennie hasn't been repaired in time so I have the trusty old back up with me. Sadly the exhaust fell off a while back so it is seriously noisy. Fingers crossed I'll get a garage or share Wals genny in which case no need to upset the neighbours.

So all we have to do is put up with the 5 hour journey Sad Should be there about 10pm, set up by 11pm with beer in hand, bed by midnight and up about 7.

I really don't know what to expect from the weekend. How will the French trip have helped? Will I catch some of those that were consistently beating me? Can I beat my 1.22.5 from last year? How many of the Rookies will be able to get up to a decent pace from the off and cope with the close quarters racing.....and of course the weather looks set to be a major factor.

Just want to get that first race under my belt.

Will report in on Monday.

Good luck Chuffster...I hope racing lives up to your expectations and you come away happy with what you achieve this weekend.

DavidH

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: