www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index www.chuffster.co.uk
Chuffsters Forum

videosVideos AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Spam Lord
Spam Lord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: First Blog Reply with quote

So here goes...

Well this weekend is all about preparation for Snetterton.

The bike is pretty much sorted but still needs the usual array of small jobs. It hasn't been cleaned since the trip to France and so is absolutely filthy. The clutch cover always weeps a bit of oil so I'll try and re-apply some instant gasket. The covers are plastic and don't remain 'true' so its a bodge job.

I've sprayed up the bodywork so that now all needs re-fitting. Still got to sort out some decals for the bike but that might have to wait until after Snetterton. The fuel line split when I took the tank off so another little job. Bought a very cool tank protector which given I haven't lacquered anything will be pretty essential. Brakes seem to be working fine but I'll bleed some new fluid through anyway. I need some bungs for the footpegs and one of the handlebars but should be getting them at Snetts. It got through scrutineeting at the end of last year without them but they tend to be picky at the start of the season. Apparently a hollow bar end can turn into an apple corer if it meets another rider at high speed so I guess they have a point. And thinking about it I should probably use the instant gasket to hold the belly pan bungs in.

Shouldn't take too long to do all of the above...but....Jacqui is away on a hen weekend so I'll have little 3 year old Emily helping....she loves being involved......but when I say helping....well you can imagine. Still don't want to put her off bikes.....

Sundays task will be to sort the trusty camper van out. I have some new carpet to fit (borrowed from the local carpet shops skip..) and the whole thing needs a damn good clean.

Last and certainly not least hopefully my knackered genny will have been repaired. A mate of a mate who owes a favour is doing it for nowt.

Well the palms are getting a little sweaty now and I'm still waiting to find out which minitwins group I'm in.

Can't wait to be back in the whole racing scene and enjoying the paddock life.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DavidH

www.thunderbikeuk.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.chuffster.co.uk Forum Index -> Smokin Haydock Blog All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: